Copyright © 2011-19 Helical Pile World, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Techno Metal Post Alaska Owner Dave Northup has Grown his Business Doing Some Very Challenging Projects
Techno Metal Post Alaska
5092 Meadow Dr., Suite A
Homer, AK 99603
Phone: (907) 299-3334
About Techno Metal Post Alaska
Techno Metal Post Alaska (TMP AK) is a Homer, Alaska-based helical pile installation business. According to company owner, Dave Northup, TMP AK is Alaska’s largest installer of helical piles and has completed all types of projects in all types of conditions from Southeast Alaska to the Bering Sea.
Northup says much of the company’s success is due to the versatile products and equipment that gives his crews the ability to complete just about any project in any environment. Weighing 1600 lbs, the specialized R2D pile installation machine is capable of installing helical piles to support up to 25,000 lbs.
Some Completed Projects Include:
• 200 piers, 1000 ft. boardwalk. Completed in tidal wetlands at the Beluga Sough in Homer, AK for US Fish and Wildlife and the City of Homer. Project completed with no site restoration needed.
• 270 piers, one mile boardwalk. Completed during winter with frozen ground conditions at the Palmer Hay Flats State Game Refuge for Great Land Trust and Alaska Department of Fish and Game. The winter installation ensured zero impact to the site.
• 24 piers, 200 ft boardwalk. Completed in upland wetlands in Homer, AK for Kachemak Heritage Land Trust. 2 day project allowed for the boardwalk to be erected in sensitive wetland areas.
• 52 piers, 2600 ft2 building. Completed in tundra conditions for Maniilaq Corporation in Kipnuk, AK. All materials and equipment were flown in/out of this remote Bering Sea village.
• 6 piers, 20 ft walking trail bridge. Completed in rainforest conditions in Haines, Alaska for Chilkoot Indian Association. TMP AK completed this project at 50% of the next lowest bidder and our small installation equipment was able to utilize existing trails allowing the project owner to cancel planned clearing and remediation for larger equipment.