Copyright © 2011-17 Helical Pile World, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
PierTech Systems Delivered (62) Helical Piles for Deep Foundations for School Addition in Bethel, Alaska
In Bethel, AK, the Bethel Regional High School is expanding and adding a cafeteria. The school has not had one since it was built, and it will also use the addition for program events. The addition is about 5,000 square feet, being built on silty sand with permafrost 26 ft. below grade. PierTech Systems helical piles were brought in to satisfy the project demands. After pile placement, thermosyphons and monitor tubes were drilled and placed to ensure the permafrost will stay frozen and the building will not settle.
- (31) 8.675 OD with a 14” and 18” helix bearing plates (¾” thick)
- (31) 12.75 OD with a 20” and 24” helix bearing plates (¾” thick)
- Designed to an allowable capacity of 120 kips compression load
- Average depth for the piles were 35’
- Installation Torque: Approximately 50,000 foot pounds
- Drive Head: 70K and 100K
PierTech Systems would also like to remind installation contractors about the company’s free monthly installer certification seminar. Click here for more information
For more information:
17813 Edison Ave.
Chesterfield, MO 63005