Copyright © 2011-17 Helical Pile World, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
PENGO has an Opening for an Engineering Manager
The Engineering Manager will provide leadership and direction in terms of engineering standards, project prioritization and assignment, manufacturing engineering, new product development and quality assurance. The Manager takes full responsibility for the success of the engineering team and is a member of the Pengo management team.
- Coach, mentor and supervise team members and influence them to take positive action and responsibility for their assigned work.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support facility and company objectives in collaboration with senior management.
- Work with Director of Business Development to oversee new product development opportunities. Participate in regular NPD meetings.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and management in a timely and clear fashion.
- Oversee bills of material, routers, and engineering drawing standards.
- Develop concepts and prototypes with appropriate cost studies, drawings and bill of materials.
- Ensure that product quality exceeds customer expectations.
- Work with Supply Chain to develop suppliers and source new materials.
- Oversee development of all final product documentation, specifications and instructions.
- Drive the continuous improvement process by educating and training team members in continuous improvement techniques and systems.
- Attends the Run-the-Business meeting on a regular basis.
- Identify issues/problems (systemic, product, process, quality, etc.), develop action plan to eliminate, and lead the execution plan.
- Participate in team member selections through the talent management process. Follow guidelines for new team member orientation procedures.
- Ensure weekly/monthly team meetings are in place and productive. Submit monthly department progress report to General Manager.
- Perform all other duties, as required, to meet customer and company quality and productivity needs. Includes continuous monitoring and control of special processes where necessary.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Agricultural) required.
- 5 or more years of experience working in a leadership or management role.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office).
Please apply online: http://jobs.jobvite.com/iesholdings/job/o74E5fwE